Follow the link below to continue an existing MBA application or create an account to begin a new application. Alternatively, browse our Frequently Asked Questions to answer any further queries you may have about our programme or application process.
The below requirements are necessary to complete an application. Please ensure you have included all elements before submitting.
For further information on stage deadlines and the application process please view the 'How to apply' page.
You should have at least two years of full-time work experience, detailed on a one page CV. We look for evidence of career progression and international exposure, as well as being able to show leadership potential. We do not look for experience in an specific sector.
You will be asked to detail your post-MBA career plans and demonstrate how the programme will equip you with the skills to reach these goals. By indicating a clear view of your professional development, you will show us that you understand the strengths of your professional experience, have researched your future professional goals, and how an MBA will bridge the gap between the two.
You will be asked to upload all your university degree academic transcripts/mark-sheets to the online application form.
All applicants are required to have completed a recognised undergraduate degree. As evidence, you will be asked to upload all your university degree academic transcripts/mark-sheets to the online application form. These must outline the subjects studied or grades obtained from each academic year.
If your original transcripts are not in English you must also supply an official translation.
GMAT or GRE score
We look for a high level of quantitative and analytical skills evidenced by your GMAT or GRE results.
We don't ask for a minimum score, but GMAT scores of 650 or above are considered competitive. Our current class has a median GMAT score of 690.
- All sections of the GMAT must be taken in order to be considered valid
- Official online scores must be accessible by our admissions department for your application to be considered complete. For GMAC to release your official scores to Saïd Business School, please give your test centre the following code: Q0G-4B-59
- GMAT scores are not valid if they are older than five years on the application deadline date
- Contact GMAC directly to arrange to take the test
A GRE verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 161 is considered competitive, however we do accept all scores.
- All sections of the GRE must be taken in order to be considered valid
- Official online scores must be accessible by our admissions department for your application to be considered complete. For ETS to release your official scores to Saïd Business School, please give your test centre the following institution code: 0807
- GRE scores are not valid if they are older than five years on the application deadline date
- Contact ETS directly to arrange to take the test
Please note you must submit either a GMAT or GRE score result with your application, regardless of your previous work experience, studies, or qualifications.
As part of your application, you will need to submit two mandatory essays:
- Consider a statistic or trend that shocks you. Why it is important to you and how could it be changed for the better? (Maximum 500 words)
- Is there anything not covered in the application form which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you? (Maximum 250 words)
If you are applying under the 1+1 scheme you also need to submit the following essay:
- Explain why you see this as particularly beneficial for you and how it fits with your career and personal development aims. (Maximum 250 words)
Re-applicants will need to submit an additional essay as below:
- What improvements have you made in your candidacy since you last applied to the Oxford MBA? (Maximum 250 words)
When reviewing your essays, the admissions committee will be looking for evidence of the following: good communication skills, leadership potential, analytical skills, fit with the Oxford MBA community, among other characteristics.
We require two professional or academic references.
Using the online application form you will need to submit two references, preferably from professional referees. Once your referee details are input into the form, your referee will receive an automatic email from the School with details on how to complete the online reference form. Please note we can only accept references from a valid work/professional/institutional email address and not from Gmail/Hotmail accounts.
English language capability
You will need to prove your English language capability through one of the below means if you are a national of a non-majority English speaking country (listed below) as defined by the UK Visas & Immigration Office*.
Completed degree-level course entirely in English
Proof of English language proficiency may be accepted at the discretion of the University, in cases where you have either:
- Successfully completed a full-time degree-level course of a minimum of nine months, at a recognised institution, where the medium of instruction and assessment was entirely in English. Evidence must be provided by submitting an official letter from your institution stating that the medium of instruction throughout your course was English OR by uploading transcripts from your institution, which clearly indicates that the medium of instruction throughout your course was English.
- You have completed a degree in a majority English speaking country, as outlined by the UK Visas & Immigration Office.*
If you are unable to provide a letter or transcript from a recognised institution stating that the medium of instruction throughout your course was in English, or you did not complete a degree in the countries listed below, you must provide a TOEFL or IELTS score.
A TOEFL score
Test of English as a Foreign Language® is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities. The institution code for ordering your official TOEFL score sheet from ETS is 0807. There is no department code, this can be left blank. TOEFL scores will not be valid if they are more than two years old on the application deadline date of the stage in which you are applying.
- Minimum Score: 110
- Minimum required on each component: Listening - 22; Reading - 24; Writing - 24; Speaking - 25
An IELTS score
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS™, is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. If you choose to take the IELTS you need to sit the academic test. IELTS scores will not be valid if they are more than two years old on the application deadline date of the stage in which you are applying.
- Minimum Score: 7.5
- Minimum required on each component: 7.0
*UK Visas & Immigration office English speaking country list
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA, UK.
Application form & fee
Please ensure you have all the above requirements before submitting your application form.
Please ensure your application is complete and that your £150 application fee has been paid upon submission.
The admissions committee can only consider a candidate once all supporting documentation has been received. We conduct spot checks on a regular basis to ensure the authenticity of applicants' references, work experience and academic background. We also reserve the right to ask for supporting evidence if necessary.