Oxford Private Equity Programme
- 5 days
- Short Programme
- £7,000 plus accommodation
About the programme
Join Professor Tim Jenkinson and industry leaders in a lively discourse about the future of the sector and the opportunities presented to you.
The programme incorporates the latest research findings from Professor Tim Jenkinson and colleagues at the Private Equity Institute.
Drawing on the latest analysis you will assess the opportunities, risks and developments in the sector including:
- Private equity portfolio allocations
- Quantifying fund performance
- Selecting and comparing funds
- Fund raising strategies
- Structuring private equity investments and the role, risks and limits of leverage
- Understanding the distribution of returns, fees and carried interest
- Co-investment opportunities
- Emerging markets private equity
- Exit routes
The programme is for professionals across the corporate finance, investment management and private equity industry.
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
A truly amazing and engaging experience resulting in a deep dive in the details of the PE industry
- Access expertise from institutional investors, top private equity firms, corporate lawyers and portfolio CEOs
- Insight from analysis of unique data-sets to reveal current and predicted trends
- Network with professional peers in an exclusive, small group setting
- See how the sector is predicted to be in ten years
To your business
- Incorporate predicted industry trends into you strategy based on the latest research
- Practical exercises and high level networking mean participants can add value to their organisation’s decision making process
- Improved technical expertise to make investments which manage risk and deliver returns
Day one – the institutional investor perspective
- Setting and managing private equity allocations in an investment portfolio
- Designing private equity investment structures
- Managing the risks, costs and relationships involved
- Limited Partnership Agreements
Day two – explore how private equity adds value
- Identify where the real money is and why
- Measuring the performance of PE funds
- Fund economics and GP performance persistence
- Is PE the natural best shareholder for some companies?
- Co-investments and direct PE investing
Day three – Private equity investment structures
- How PE firms value their portfolio companies
- LBO modelling
- Benchmark returns with a fund modelling exercise
- Explore leveraged finance, buy-outs and the role of debt after the banking crisis
- Financial & Legal structuring
Day four – Venture Capital and emerging markets
- What is Venture Capital and how big is the market?
- VC Valuation
- Issues affecting Venture Capital - anti-dilution, board structure, fund raising, liquidation, negotiating term sheets and sources of capital.
- Using PE to access opportunities in Africa and Asia
- The establishment and growth of the private equity sector in emerging markets?
Day five – exit routes and the future of private equity
- Discuss which exit routes are preferred and why
- Are hybrid forms of private equity ownership emerging as the industry evolves?
- Are co-investments an attractive proposition?
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
Professionals across the corporate finance, investment management and private equity industry including private equity professionals, advisors, investment bankers, corporate lawyers and accountants. Entrepreneurs, Angel investors, venture capitalists and SRI portfolio managers are also be able to apply.
Next programme date:
3–7 June 2019 – applications now open
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials and all daytime refreshments and evening meals including one at a college.
Accommodation – this is a non-residential programme. We can book accommodation for you and bill it alongside your programme fee, please indicate requirements on your application form.
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.