The Strategy Group carries out pioneering research in several areas, including:
- gaining the competitive advantage
- strategy practice and decision-making
- value creation and innovation
- the institutional foundations of markets and industries
- science and social entrepreneurship
This work draws on the multidisciplinary backgrounds of our academics in business history, psychology, and economic and organisational sociology. Members of the group are particularly interested in how institutional ‘rules of the game’ shape strategy and how public policy and managerial practice can change those rules.
They publish research in leading academic journals, undertake consultancy, and serve in leadership positions for professional associations, including the Academy of Management and the Strategic Management Society.
Doctoral students within the group contribute to research and teaching, and doctoral student applications are encouraged.